Wednesday, December 25, 2013

I won't

I won't chase you
but if you put your sneakers on
I'll stop running
I'll stand real still
I'll let you catch up

But you better be wearing a smile
and speaking softly
Make it worth the waiting, love
Make it worth the worrying, dear
Make it worth the wanting, babe

Because if there's anything I'm good at
it's running
If there's anything I'm fine with, it's hiding
If there's anything I'm afraid of, it's fighting
If there's anything I'm hoping for, it's love

I don't know where to look
so I keep my eyes wide
I'm always surprised by sweetness
I'm always caught off guard by kindness
I'm always grateful for both

Don't make me regret
the scenic route
I prefer a little wind
I like a little speed
I want to feel my heart race, but...

I won't chase you

No comments:

Post a Comment