Thursday, February 6, 2014
14 Words for Love 2014
This year's contributions to the 14 Words for Love Project:
Poetry is
your voice whispering
"Beautiful..."
and my heart hearing it
as if new
-----------
She turned water into wine
and poured herself out
And she'll do it again
-----------
My love,
May you find a woman
worth running after.
Sorry it wasn't me.
----------
Warm eyes and kind words
Leave little to regret
Let love be these moments
----------
I wrote love in letters
Poured it in bowls
Tucked it in your pillow
----------
Most people can get through a day
on just a compliment and a question.
----------
Love is a six year old
emptying his piggy bank
for kids with cancer
----------
Love with the intensity of impending death
Few are brave enough
Few are ready
----------
She asked when
He said wait
But a gypsy doesn't understand
love without urgency
----------
Someday is an impossible fate
when we are only now
this skin, this moment
----------
Love comes in degrees
and stays in fragments
Still can't throw away your toothbrush
----------
For every lonely moment
I have a few good friends
Filling spaces you didn't
----------
I've lived long enough to know
the difference between
admiration and presence
is love
----------
Her feet make their own paths
Walking away from apathy
They run toward love
----------
I like presence:
words on lips
skin on skin
intention to action.
Now, love.
----------
My second chances always come
when I have been brave enough to walk away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment