I am in shambles over plans spoken and not birthed
Over dances not yet danced
Over the intensity of what was and what lingers-
giving hope to what isn't
I am in shambles over the way you still kiss me
As if "soon" means tomorrow
And "I hope" is certainty
I am in shambles over the way your eyes
hold all my daydreams in mid air
And how you have no idea that this is so
Of how I took you at your word and then some
Oh, the pedestal is high, my love
So high that my tears must seems as
glitter on my cheeks from up there
And my heart, such a small thing
You can't hear it breaking
Spilling blood over the story I wrote
The one in which this ends 70 years from now
I, one hundred
And you, one hundred and five
Bearing the same name on the same stone
You dabble well. Stay the course and be true to yourself.
ReplyDelete